About the Principal:
Sebastian Eilert is a young emerging Architect and Artist.
Mr. Eilert is a registered Architect and Interior Designer in the State of Florida as well as a US Green Building Council LEED Accredited Professional.
Born and raised in Hamburg, Germany he moved to the United States in 1996 to attend the University of Miami, School of Architecture. He graduated with a Bachelor of Architecture and a Minor in Business Law.
Mr. Eilert has been practicing in Miami, Florida since 1998 with an initial project focus on luxury custom home design and construction. He moved to The Architectural Partnership to increase his knowledge in the practices of architecture, contract administration and construction management. As an Associate of the firm he managed various multi million dollar school and public agency projects as well as numerous continuing service contracts.
To focus on his professional interest of the practice and theory of sustainable design and construction, he founded Sebastian Eilert Architecture (SEA) in 2006.
Mr. Eilert has been involved in the local green building community since 2002 and is a founding member of the US Green Building Council - South Florida Chapter where he served as Vice-president of the board of directors and Chair of the Membership Committee.
As an active member of the American Institute of Architects he is also Chair of the Miami Chapter Committee on the Environment (COTE).
His European upbringing and background as well as his professional experience combined with the US academic education allow for a unique approach and understanding of sustainable issues in the local construction industry.
Long term involvement in the South Florida building community has allowed Mr. Eilert to gain experience in green concepts and he has compiled a unique library relevant to local market conditions. He received the AIA Miami 2005 Historic Preservation, 2009 Sustainable Design architect of the Year and 2010 Young Architect of the Year awards for his efforts. In 2009 he created a new class for the University of Miami, School of Architecture called Contemporary Sustainable Design.
Mr. Eilert also lectures with the Metro 1 Green Building Resource Center (GBRC).
Awards, Publications and Competitions:
- Top 25 Green Architecture Firms 2011 β South Florida Business Journal
- Green Business Excellence Awards Nominee 2011 and 2012 β Chamber South
- Young Architect of the Year Award 2010 β AIA Miami Chapter
- Sustainable Design Architect Award, 2009 and 2011 β AIA Miami Chapter
- 2009 Honorary Emerging Green Builder Award, University of Miami, School of Architecture. [view]
- Florida Sun Magazine 4/2007 - Grüne Welle (Green Wave) [view] (Article in German)
- Shrink This House competition; Juror September 2007. Florida InsideOut Magazine. [view]
- Historic Preservation Award, 2005 β AIA Miami Chapter
- AIA Small Practitioners Journal #37 - Green, the South Florida Way.
- Hacienda Suenos (Submission for Young Architects Forum Competition)
Sebastian Eilert is available for public or guest speaking on sustainable architecture and building issues, green design and their related industries in the future.